After working on the mural for a few days I decided to change the brown/gold color to a deeper and cooler blue/black. This created more contrast with the light green background. It came closer to the image of the tree I was looking for. I added some cool blue highlights. At home I altered my sketch digitally using the darker color and added shapes for birds. Adding the birds will provide some additional focal points for the very horizontal format. I’m choosing birds that would be found in the environment either as year round inhabitants or migratory birds.
This has been an enjoyable project because I have a good bit of freedom to create what I want and the working conditions are excellent.